First Unitarian Church is certified as a Safer Congregation.
The members of the Safer Congregation Committee is composed of Rev. Roberta Finkelstein (Minister), Catherine Williamson (Director of Religious Exploration), Donna Gonzalez (Board of Trustees), Becky Laster (at large) and Jason Hann-Deschaine (at large).
Some of the responsibilities of the Safer Congregations Committee are:
● Know about community resources for child abuse, treatment for sex offenders, and support groups for survivors.
● Know about state laws regarding reporting.
● Be a resource for people to share their concerns. (Please feel free to contact any member of the Committee to talk about your concerns.)
● Facilitate annual training on issues, policies, and procedures relevant to sexual/physical abuse. (Several are planned for later in the church year. E-news will provide updates as these sessions are scheduled.)
● Receive allegations of possible abuse and develop a process for expedient handling of such allegations.
Learn more about the certification process, here.
FIRST U NEWS ABOUT SAFETY
The Safer Congregations Committee of the First Unitarian Church of Wilmington invites you to participate in a town hall meeting after the service on Sunday, December 3rd in the front of the sanctuary. Bring your questions and concerns about your safety and the safety of others at First Unitarian. Our developmental minister, Reverend Roberta, committee […]