Top 10 Reasons to Give to First Unitarian Church
- Love. “No matter whom you love you are welcome here.” More than anything else that’s said in this sacred space, these words confirm to me that we Unitarian Universalists stand on the side of love.
- Responsibility. Each of us is responsible for this church, through our care, time, and financial commitments. Let’s give in the spirit of the Lake Wobegon Principle — that all children are above average. The average pledge in 2014 was $1,850. Can we be above average?
- Unity. We agree to disagree in a civil, respectful manner about politics, economics, social issues, theology, and the future. Unity comes from our freedom and acceptance.
- Challenge. We are challenged to be our best selves, individually and collectively.
- Change. Fundamental to Unitarian Universalism is that our journey never ends. We can change at any time and do so safely, here.
- Choice. Most of us did not grown up here. It is our chosen religion, where we can be our authentic selves.
- Worship every Sunday morning is important. To speak in unison, sing and think together, greet each other, and collectively embrace our children, gives us strength to go out and live meaningful, productive lives.
- Service to each other and our community. Together, we find spirit and strength to help in many ways.
- Inspiration. I come here to be affirmed, nourished, and recharged.
- Community. This church is not about you or me; it’s about “we” and “us.”
Now, go forth in love and take responsibility for First Unitarian Church. Be above average!
On the four Sundays before Commitment Sunday (February 22), members of our church community are sharing how First Unitarian Church inspires them. They are putting their inspiration into action and pledging their generous financial support to enhance what they value. Watch for the printed texts in the E-News on Friday following each testimonial.