On your mark, get set, GO! The church year is gearing up and there are many activities and teams working on plans for the next year. Publicity is important, so here are some tips…
Please be sure to get your Quest articles and schedules for September submitted to the publications office at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15, so your fall activities get the publicity they need to be successful.
- Friday E-news and Sunday’s This Week insert deadline is Tuesday each week.
- Remember that you can request an E-News blast for your event. In any given week, we can produce one short E-News blast in addition to the Friday E-News. Get your request in early though – this is a hot item and slots fill up fast!
- The church has a Facebook page. Please contact the publications office at email@example.com for information on posting your event.
- Coffee hour tables are another way you can spread the word about your group or team. The following committees have a permanent table at coffee hour each Sunday:
- Social Justice – if your group is a social justice group, please coordinate with the Social Justice team to schedule a slot at the table. Contact Betty Wier.
- Children’s Religious Exploration – Use of this table is coordinated by the Children and Youth Religious Exploration Team.
- Welcome Table – staffed by volunteers each Sunday to welcome newcomers to the church.
- Booster Cards – staffed by volunteers to sell Booster Cards to support the church operating budget.
- UUSC Coffee – staffed by volunteers to sell Fair trade coffee, tea and other products to support work of the church and of the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee.
- Book Corner – sells books of interest to spiritual seekers.
- Not part of these groups? Need a table at coffee hour? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the church office and asking for Marina. We have extra tables that can be reserved each Sunday after coffee hour.
- Want to feature your group activity in a slide show? Contact email@example.com for more information.
Remember it is very important to get the word out about your activities! Questions? Call me in the church office (302-478-2384) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, for matters related to publications, or email@example.com for other questions.
Taking care of business,
marinavanrenssen, Business Manager