From Rev. Greg Pelley, Minister, Unitarian Universalist Society of Mill Creek:
It is with great sadness that I inform you that Frank L. MacArtor died on October 1, 2015 in Hockessin, Delaware, surrounded by his children. Frank’s family asked me to inform you because of his long commitment to Unitarian Universalism, having joined his first congregation while in college in the 1940’s. Along the way, he helped found four congregations, including the one I currently serve, the Unitarian Universalist Society of Mill Creek.
Other important notes:
• Frank was a founding member of Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville.
• A member of First Unitarian Church in Wilmington, DE, including serving as Board President.
• A member of Throop Memorial UU church in Pasadena, including serving as Board President.
• He served the Joseph Priestly District (JPD) Board for five years and was President of the Board from 1986-87
• He started the process to spin off a new congregation from First Church and shepherded the founding of the UU Society of Mill Creek (UUSMC) in 1988, where he served on the Board.
• He received the Joseph Priestly District's Unsung UU Award in 2001
• Frank was a Trustee to the UUA Board from the Joseph Priestly District from 1991-1995, serving on the RE Leadership Committee. After his family, he considered this the most important work he did in his lifetime.
Please join me in holding Frank's family and friends in your hearts. We have lost a champion of Unitarian Universalism and a great and gentle soul.
A Service of Celebration for the life of Frank MacArtor will be held on Monday, October 12, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.
Unitarian Universalist Society of Mill Creek
579 Polly Drummond Hill Road, Newark, DE 19711