Submitted by Elizabeth Siftar
Green Sanctuary team thanks everyone from First UU Wilmington who came out to witness our faith at the Inter-faith Vigil for Moral Action on Climate Justice on 9/23. While it was an inter-faith action lead by Delaware Interfaith Power and Light and NC3 (the local chapter), First UU had a strong presence of witness for climate justice and legislation, with our yellow tee shirts, Rev. Roberta, board members and families with children. Thank you all so much. To quote Paul Pinson, “As UU's, we need to be out there.” We were “out there” for this one!
The work of UU's nationally, people of faith, people who love the earth and want to see healing – slowly, changes are coming:
From EDF October Eco News –
1. America is tackling greenhouse gas pollution
2. China is building momentum for global action
3. Clean energy is lifting people out of poverty
4. It was a bad month for coal
5. Sept. 9 – the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit denied two petitions seeking an emergency stay of the Clean Power Plan, historic clean air standards that will reduce climate-disrupting air pollution from power plants, America's largest source of such pollution
6. Sept. 17 -Eleven House Republicans led by Rep. Gibson
(R, NY-16) introduced a bill acknowledging the basic science of climate change and that humans are causing it, and calling on their colleagues in the House of Representatives to work on economically viable climate solutions.
Sign up for Take Action emails from Environmental Defense Fund
Emily Stevenson firstname.lastname@example.org