Traditionally we receive the largest portion of our pledge income in November and December each year. Donors like to take advantage of tax deductions for charitable giving, and this is their last chance before the end of the calendar year. Please consider the following:
- You can access information on financial giving, including electronic giving, on our web site at http://www.firstuuwilm.org/financial-support-first-unitarian-church
- You can make your donations via stock transfer. Donating appreciated stocks offers tax advantages. If you would like to donate stock, please contact the church office via email (email@example.com) or by phone to get our broker information. If you have given stock in the past, please verify that you have broker information on file for Janney Montgomery Scott.
- We also take checks via mail, and many of you have also set up payments through your personal banks.
- Cash should not be sent through the mail, but can be placed in the collection basket during the service, or delivered to the office in person. Be sure to leave the donation with an office volunteer who can put it in the money slot in the front office. Please do not leave unattended checks or cash on the desk in an empty office.
- If you give cash, be sure to use a giving envelope from the pew pocket so we can record your donation.
If you want to get credit for your donation for tax year 2015, the donation must be in our office prior to December 29, 2015 so that we can process it by our last deposit day of the year, December 30, 2015. Stock donations are credited to your account as of the day the stock arrives in our account at Janney, Montgomery Scott, not the day you ask your broker to send it.
Thank you for your generous support of First Unitarian Church. Your donations build the beloved community that nourishes minds and spirits, fights injustice, and transforms the world through loving action.