This Sunday, 11/20, marks the end of our Guest-At-Your-Table Program for this year and our push to support the human rights and social justice world-wide work of UUSC (the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee), which also includes the USA. The following bullet points are important for a successful wind up of the program:
- BRING IN THE “MAGICAL” BOXES filled with cash or a check and make itpart of Roberta’s “Setting of the Table” Service.
- If you gave online or sent an envelope with a check directly to UUSC, please put your name on a box and place it on the table as a symbol of your contribution and commitment to UUSC.
- Whether giving by box, envelope, or online, PLEASE provide name, address, church name, etc. where requested so that both the Church and UUSC will know of your gift and participation.
- Remember that gifts of $125 or more will be matched or doubled by the Veatch Foundation of the Sheltered Rock Church.
- It is never too late to give-if you choose, use the envelope in the Order of Service this Sunday and make out a check for a generous amount to UUSC. Or, set up an account to give monthly or quarterly at www.uusc.org/donate/. At this site you can make a gift to honor a friend or as memorial for someone no longer living.
- If you have questions of any sort or need more information about UUSC, you can find most answers at the web site, or contact Doyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Honey sales: This is the last week for Doyle's donated honey sales (it's local honey) with 100% of proceeds going to UUSC. If you already made a purchase, consider buying a jar to give to a friend-honey makes a “sweet” gift.