The Charitable IRA Rollover is now enshrined in law. If you are over 70½ years old, you can transfer up to $100,000 from your IRA to First U. It is a real win-win:
- You avoid taxes on the amount given.
- It counts toward your RMD (Required Minimum Distribution).
- The gift is also tax-free for the Church.
Talk with your tax advisor to see if the IRA rollover provision makes sense for you. If so, we hope you will consider making a gift before the end of the year. It could be to
- Complete your 2016-2017 financial commitment,
- Prepay all or part of your planned 2017-2018 financial commitment, or
- Make a contribution to our endowment, The Heritage Fund, that insures the continuing viability of the church
The office can provide simple instructions for making this happen.
Bill Hardam and Robert & Helen Foss, Co-Leaders of the Heritage Fund