The Board of Trustees has authorized a Special Meeting to be convened on Friday, October 19, 2018 at 5 p.m. and adjourned on Friday, November 2, 2018 for the purpose of holding a Congregational Vote on the two questions of whether to relocate the Parks’ doors or replace existing pews with flexible seating. The Presiding Officers of the Special Meeting will be Board Co-Chairs Bill Hardam and Tracy Spinka-Doms.
The two votes were authorized at our May 2018 Annual Meeting and the Board has approved a Special Meeting for voting to be held by means of a combination of paper ballots and remote communication, as allowed in our bylaws. Votes can be cast anytime after the Special Meeting is convened until the meeting is adjourned at 5 p.m. on Friday, November 2. The voting process is as follows:
- Voting Members will cast votes:
- for or against relocating and replacing the doors
- for or against replacing existing pews with flexible seating.
- Votes will be cast either by paper ballot in the Church or by online poll similar to the recent Search Committee Survey.
- Proxy voting will be available for those wishing to cast a paper ballot.
- Information about the votes and options being presented will be distributed through various forms of church communications well before voting commences.
- Information on the votes and how votes can be cast, either by ballot or online, will be posted on the Church website.
- Q&A sessions will be scheduled in October to review the work of the Strategic Planning Committee and subcommittees to develop recommended options and how they fit with the overall Capital Improvement Plan.
- The deadline for final votes to be cast is 5 p.m. on Friday, November 2.
- Votes will be tallied after and results announced on Sunday, November 4.
Voting members are members who participate actively in Church activities and make an annual financial contribution of record. Each Voting Member shall have the right to vote at any Meeting of the Congregation beginning 30 days after the date on which the Member signed the rolls. If anyone is unsure of their voting status, they may contact Marina in the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 302-478-2384 Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.