In preparation for our big celebration on February 16 of Rev. Pam’s installation ceremony and our building rededication, we are gathering on two Saturdays (Feb. 1 and Feb. 8) to clean and generally “spruce up” our building. We need as many hands on deck as we can get to work on those two days between the hours of 9:00 am and 3:00 pm. Any amount of time you can give is appreciated!
We have a variety of activities planned, such as:
1. Painting window sills and trim in the Office Hallway, Warner Room, etc.
2. Cleaning windows, walls, doors and floors.
3. Organizing and cleaning our linens in the linen closet in the Warner Room
4. Deep cleaning of certain areas in the kitchen (thanks to Renee Anderson for getting a great start on this and installing wire shelving in the kitchen!)
5. Removing clutter and reorganizing some areas, etc…
6. Cleaning the stairwells to the second floor
Cleaning products and painting supplies will be provided but you are welcome to bring buckets, rubber gloves and painting supplies you like to use. We will be working hard, but also laughing a lot and having fun. This is a great way to get to know people in your community and to give a great impression of First U to the many visitors we will have at these special events.
Please e-mail Linda Sanders (firstname.lastname@example.org) with when you expect to participate so she will know how many people to expect each day. Thank you for you willingness to help.