The pledge campaign for next year, 2024-2025, is under way. IT IS TIME NOW THAT WE THRIVE, is our theme and now is the time to start thinking about how you will fulfill your pledge!
Are you 70½ or older, and have an Individual Retirement Account (IRA)? If so, you have the option to donate through a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD), sometimes referred to as an IRA Charitable Rollover. A QCD can help you support First U while maintaining tax advantages.
Consider these factors (and talk with your tax and/or financial advisor) when deciding whether a QCD would be right for you:
- The IRS allows donors 70½* or older to transfer up to $100,000 directly from their IRA to charity each calendar year.
- Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) are back for 2021 after being paused in 2020, and QCDs count toward your yearly RMD.
- You pay no income tax on amounts you donate using a QCD. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you can benefit even if you do not itemize deductions on your tax return.
- You can complete your 2023-2024 financial commitment, pay all or part of your planned 2024-2025 financial commitment
- Make a contribution to our endowment, The Heritage Fund, that insures the continuing viability of the church.
Contact your IRA plan administrator and specify that you want to make an IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution. Advance notice helps us properly credit your gift, so be sure to notify us if the funds will be sent directly by your IRA plan administrator.
QCDs are not for everyone, so check with your tax and/or financial advisor to see how a QCD might fit into your plans. If you have any questions about utilizing IRA Qualified Charitable Distributions, please contact the office at (302) 478-2384 or email Marina at email@example.com.