Our Covid Response Team, Executive Team, and Program Staff have decided to continue with online-only worship and children’s religious exploration during the month of February. We will continue to reevaluate this by monitoring the transmission rates of new cases, deaths, and hospital status in New Castle County. We hope to resume in person worship and children’s religious exploration again in March, with the new requirements listed below.
We are taking these steps to care for not only our congregation but also for our community at large. We want to create an environment of safety and comfort for all so we have added to our requirements for those attending in person worship, religious exploration, and other programs in the building.
Thank you for helping us protect each other and our community:
- Adults must wear a properly fitting, preferably N95 or KN95, mask. Children (aged 2 and older) and youth must wear properly fitting surgical or KN95 masks. Cloth masks and bandana type coverings will not be accepted substitutes. We will have KN95 masks available if you do not have one.
- Three feet of social distancing must be maintained between household groups.
- Do not come into the building if you have had a known recent exposure to someone with the virus or have any symptoms.
- Adults and children 5 years old and above must show proof of vaccination against Covid19. Full vaccination is required, including boosters for eligible persons. Our vaccine verification form includes additional information about full vaccination requirements.
How to record your vaccination record at First U:
- Vaccination status must be recorded with the church office prior to or upon entering the building for worship services or children’s activities. During the month of February, we encourage everyone to provide their proof of vaccination so that we are ready for when we re-open.
- You can upload an image of your vaccination cards with our online registration form at this link. Please note each individual must register separately.
- You can take a photo of your card with your smart phone and then upload the image into the online registration form.
- You can scan your card with a scanner or a scanner app on your smart phone and upload it to the online registration form.
- If you are unable to access the form to upload your card, or are unsure how to do it, you can email the scanned image or photo to our Business Manager, Marina, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may bring your card with you to the worship service (when we reopen) and we can take a photo of it.
- You can stop by the church office during office hours and one of the office staff can scan it for you.
- You can make a copy, print it and then mail it to the church office.
Once your vaccination status is recorded, we will generate a list for Sunday worship. Adults will be asked to initial their name on the list each Sunday rather than having to show proof again.
All vaccination records will be maintained on our secure server. Children’s and youth’s vaccination status will be maintained privately by the Director of Religious Exploration.
Please do not hesitate to contact the church office if you have any questions.