As of April 10, the Covid Response Task Force set new guidelines in response to lower rates of Covid-19 infection.
- Vaccinations are still required for all eligible people. You can upload your card at this link and we will continue to check vaccine status at entrances on Sunday mornings. If you have already uploaded your vaccination card, thank you! You do not need to upload it again.
- Masks are still required for everyone.
- We have eliminated social distancing requirements, which means no more roped off rows in the Sanctuary. People may sit wherever they wish, with friends and family, and no social distance rules will apply.
- We have already started singing softly under our masks in worship. This will continue, and we will also make hymnals available on a cart in parish hall for anyone who prefers to use hymnals instead of the projected words.
- We allow social time in Parish Hall after worship. Please feel free to visit with your friends either in the building or on the grounds after worship. Masks will be required for indoor socializing in Parish Hall.
- We will not permit food or drink so that everyone remains masked at all times.
- Second floor access on Sunday mornings:
- Second floor classrooms and hallways are open to everyone. Contact the office for room reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Library hours are 9:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. – Please note that when live choir returns to Sunday worship, they may need to warm up the choir in the music room (due to AV activities in Sanctuary). In that case, library hours would need to change to 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. No date has been set for the return of live choir to worship.
- Masking and vaccination rules apply in public areas on the second floor. See rules for small groups, below, for more information on masking rules.
- Rules for small groups outside of Sunday worship are also revised:
- Small groups (15 people or less) can meet in their own room in the building if everyone is vaccinated.
- Contact the office for room reservations at email@example.com.
- Facilitator or group leader should ask if everyone is comfortable with taking off masks for the meeting.
- If any one person in the group is not comfortable with other people being unmasked, then the default decision is to have everyone wear a mask. Opening windows or turning on AC is recommended during your meeting time for air circulation.
We were so happy to see our friends in worship on Sunday. Here are a few photos both during and after worship in Parish Hall. Photo credit to Nancy Pinson.