Our Covid Response Task Force met in June and we reviewed our pandemic plan. At that time we decided to continue with our current precautions. New Castle County was still in a high community level of transmission based on the CDC Covid-19 by County page. We continued to require proof of vaccination and masking at Sunday worship.
However, we also made some changes to future precautionary requirements:
- We decided that when New Castle County is in the low community level zone (green zone), that masks will be optional and we will not need to verify vaccination at the door.
- If New Castle County is in the medium or high level, we will follow our standard instructions.
- Each week, on Thursday, we will check the CDC by County page and will update Enews with community level information and requirements for worship based on our county’s community level: low, medium or high. For more information on the CDC Community level chart, please click here.
Look at the beginning of Friday Enews for community level updates and information on the precautions that will apply for the upcoming Sunday.
In addition to adjusting our precautions based on community levels, we also determined that some groups or programs may set their own requirements, based on the specific circumstances of those groups. Groups at higher risk, for example:
- Choir rehearsals in the building may set more strict standards even if the county is in a low community transmission level.
- A small group, under 15 people, may meet without masks if everyone in the group is comfortable, even if community levels are in the low range.
- Staff members will continue to be required to be fully vaccinated, as are church volunteers.
During the summer, we will continue to allow socializing after the service in Parish Hall and on the grounds.
If you have questions, please contact our Business Manager, Marina, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for helping keep First U safe!