First Unitarian Church was established in 1866 and originally was housed in a building in downtown Wilmington, Delaware. In 1960, we moved to our current location in Sharpley, at 730 Halstead Road. Over the years, we have added classrooms and office space. In 2002, we purchased the library property adjacent to Concord Pike.
Our offices are open Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. We rent space to a daycare facility, the Educational Enrichment Center, during the week. The building is active every day, including evenings. Committees meet in classrooms, musical groups rehearse, and there are special events on weekends. Our busiest day is Sunday, when we hold services in the Sanctuary and children’s religious education classes in the education wing.
- General information on Ceremonies and Rites of Passage click here. We can help with Memorial Services and Weddings for members and non-members.
- For cost and other details about rentals and ceremonies, please click here.
- We also provide audio visual support services for meetings.
- View our Facilities Gallery, here.
- Interested in using our space? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or fill out our rental request form, below: