“Bring passion and a desire to see (and be) change. We strive to welcome deeply people of all ages and classes, sexual orientations, gender identities/expressions, races/ethnicities, and abilities.” – Unitarian Universalist Association
Many people who come to First Unitarian are guests and visitors – our programs and worship are open to all. If you are considering visiting, or have visited already and plan on attending again, please reach out to the membership contact person or to the church office at email@example.com.
In time, many of our guests are ready to join the church, to help mold our vision of the future and to join in our dreams of transforming the world through loving action.
Becoming a member is a commitment beyond what is expected of guests and friends who often become contributors but who don’t share in all the benefits of membership. At First Unitarian, we expect all members to:
- Participate in worship, helping to create the beloved community and making space for their own spiritual growth.
- Develop a spiritual practice, unique to each person. There are various programs to explore at First Unitarian to help you uncover or develop a spiritual practice that speaks to you.
- Join in service to the community and the world. Church is not an end in itself, but here to transform the world. We can do more together at First Unitarian than we can do separately.
- Support First Unitarian generously with your time, talent & financial resources.
Membership also comes with benefits:
- Beloved Community – a place where we can live our gifts & passions in order to make a difference while receiving the warmth and inspiration of being a part of a spiritual community that helps us grow and nurtures us in times of need.
- Voting privilege to set our First Unitarian vision and budget
- Access to our minister and church ministries, including rites of passage at no charge
- Access to leadership roles, such as membership on our Board of Trustees.
First Unitarians operating fund is dependent primarily on the financial commitment of our members and friends; we appreciate and honor your support.
If you want to learn how to become a member, click here.
Already a new member, but haven’t filled out your profile form? Click here to access a new member profile form.