This is our church and our spiritual home. Together we have a unique opportunity to make our congregation a beacon for the Unitarian Universalist faith.
- This is our congregation: active, creative, and involved. We need worship and social space that can accommodate our current activities and future needs.
- This is our future: a world of possibility with new energy and unity that invites new members to join and strengthen our community
We need to add to the funds raised in the capital campaign more than a decade ago. We welcome gifts of all sizes to complete our vision for our church and call on all members to participate fully in the capital campaign.
Our Capital Improvement Project meets the expectations we expressed starting with the World Cafe process in 2017, that our physical facility be:
- Fully accessible for all who enter, including mechanized front doors to make them accessible, a chair lift to the Sanctuary, ADA compliant rest room off the Warner Room, and ADA compliant doors on Halstead.
- Technologically savvy by installing a state-of-the-art audio and visual capability
- Flexible to use our largest space in multiple ways by replacing our old, worn pews with new wood and upholstered chairs designed especially for sanctuaries.
- More attractive through improved lighting, new ceiling-to-floor translucent folding partitions with sound barrier to the Parish Hall; new lighter flooring in the Sanctuary, corridor and Parish Hall; new Parish Hall ceiling
Please do your part to show your commitment to First Unitarian Church and help us meet our capital campaign goal of $250,000. You can fill out a pledge card for the mini capital campaign, here.
Click here to view an update to our AV system upgrade project.
View our video: