Over this past year, we have been thriving as a congregation in some significant ways:
- growth in our program offerings
- increase in participation in our worship services
- expansion in our programs for children, youth, and adults (LifeStream @ First Unitarian) and a
- steady increase in newcomers and new members.
We have also expanded our outreach into the community through our:
- livestreaming of worship services and some adult programs
- concert series and marketing efforts on social media and other platforms (including our sign-on 202)
- open houses for the community,
- LifeStream Summer Camp, and
- bring-a-friend Sundays.
We have continued to dedicate ourselves to making a difference in the world and in the lives of others through our Independent Living for Young Adults (ILYA), CASA project supporting an asylum-seeking family, Emmanuel Dining Room and other efforts to live out our values for justice, equity, sustainable energy, and care for the earth. In order to sustain and expand our efforts we need to continue and to build upon our current efforts.
“It is Time Now That We Thrive” is our stewardship theme for 2024 because we are already realizing what happens when we commit and recommit ourselves to being a “beloved community that nourishes minds and spirits, fights injustice, and transforms the world through loving action.”
Whether you are a member or a friend of our congregation, we appreciate your ongoing commitment to who we are and who we are becoming. Wondering how much to pledge? You can check out the Unitarian Universalist Association’s Giving Guide at this link.
Please stop by the “It is Time Now that We Thrive” Stewardship table on Sunday to pick up more information about our pledge campaign and to pick up a pledge card. You can also submit your pledge online at this link.
Once you have submitted your pledge, you can make your plans for payment. It you are interested in using automated electronic payments, please click here.